Friday, March 17, 2006

I see naked people

There are many catch-phrases for describing my role as Responsibility Girl, the evil alter ego that prevents me from being Outdoor Adventure Chick. “I’m full of potential.” “I’m rather stimulating.” “I tend to get on people’s nerves.” “I readily get down on my knees.” And my personal favorite, “I work well under the sheets”. “Voodoo girl” is the term affectionately given to me by others in the operating room. Hee hee, I like to think that some of those phrases are applicable to O.A.C as well. Anal Sphincter Girl has to rear her ugly head once in awhile too. My first day as A.S.G. was actually a good, clean experience. And fortunately, A.S.G. doesn’t have to save the day very often. I see lots of nakedness. Speaking of naked, Naked juice is very yummy. I think people in the medical field view nakedity (word not found in Webster’s Dictionary) differently. I much prefer candlelight but, unfortunately, candles are not allowed in the OR. Something about fire and 100% oxygen, it doesn’t do the body good. There is lots of care taken to make sure that the naked body is protected. Check the breasts. Are the boys hangin’. Checks and balances of sorts. And then there’s the day I’m on my knees, under the sheets, performing a little voodoo. I’ve quite learned the importance of the quickie in this very situation. As I’m getting ready to exit from under the covers, I take a quick look around to figure out exactly where I am in relation to things around me. This, of course, is of extreme importance as not to contaminate the sterile environment created as a safety bubble for the naked person lying on the table. And, as I take a look around, I spy the boys. And they’re hangin’. Right next to my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home