Thursday, March 30, 2006

Good places to eat while not wearing pants.

Longtime Denverites are familiar with the tasty treats to be had at El Taco de Mexico, but I had my first experience there tuesday night. All the best Mexican food comes from holes-in-the-wall, shacks, or dives, and this establishment is of the shack variety. Located at Santa Fe and 7th, the relatively small confines house a rather impressive menu, similar to the various Santiago's locations sprinkled around the greater Denver Metro area. I had heard so much about El Taco's Chili Relleno Burrito that it was starting to gain legendary status. I must say that this status has been dutifully gained. The burritos are to die, or kill, for.

I recommend shedding one's pants, ordering a burrito, and enjoying said burrito on their outdoor patio.